The College of Arts and Sciences is proud to join forces with the Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital in encouraging new generations to pursue their dreams through education.
Trinity will award the following merit scholarships and grants to active Girl Scouts and Troop Leaders who meet Trinity’s academic requirements and who choose to attend Trinity:
- Girl Scout Centennial Scholarship: In honor of the Girl Scout Centennial, President McGuire announced the special Trinity Girl Scout Centennial Scholarship. For high achieving Gold and Silver Award Girl Scouts who meet certain criteria, Trinity will double the value of the Girl Scout Scholarships for Gold Award recipients from $5,000 to $10,000 per year and for Silver Award recipients from $4,000 to $8,000. The Centennial Gold and Silver Scholars will present a high school grade point average of a 3.5 and commit to do the following while at Trinity; maintain a 3.5 grade point average throughout college; commit to outstanding service to this community and the community-at-large; and show clear evidence of leadership among Trinity students in the advancement of our principles of honor and integrity.
- Girl Scouts Scholarship for Gold Award Scouts: $5,000
If you have successfully completed your Gold Award in Girl Scouting and have been accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences, you will receive an award of $5,000 annually.
- Girl Scouts Scholarship for Silver Award Scouts: $4,000
If you have successfully completed your Silver Award in Girl Scouting and have been accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences, you will receive an award of $4,000 annually.
- Girl Scouts Scholarship: $3,000
If you are an active participant in Girl Scouting and have been accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences, you will receive an award of $3,000 annually.
- Troop Leader Scholarship: $1,000, One Time Only
Scholarships are available for one time only, for Girl Scout Troop Leaders taking undergraduate courses at Trinity.
The scholarships listed above are available to Girl Scouts in the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital who attend the College of Arts and Sciences at Trinity on a full-time basis during the academic year. These scholarships are renewable annually if the student meets Trinity’s academic criteria for scholarship renewals, and these awards are in addition to any other scholarships and financial aid for which the Scout is eligible.
Since Trinity began the program, 90 Girl Scouts have received more than $724,000 in Trinity Girl Scout Scholarships. In addition to the Girl Scout Scholarships, these students received Trinity grants worth more than $1.16 million, for a total of more than $1.88 million in Trinity scholarships and financial aid. Trinity leveraged additional federal and state grants and loans for these students bringing total support for Girl Scouts at Trinity to more than $3 million to date. Trinity’s Enrollment Services Office will work with each Girl Scout to develop a financial aid package that meets her needs.
For detailed information about the Girl Scout Scholarships and Grants, Trinity’s academic programs and other information about financing your college education, please contact the Office of Admissions at 800-492-6882 or 202-884-9400, or e-mail email@example.com and identify your troop and areas of interest.