Tutoring at Trinity
- Tutoring Appointments
- Tutoring Request Form
- Walk-in Tutoring Help
- Tutorng Satisfaction Survey
- Tutoring Schedule Summer 2014
The Academic Services Center offers free tutoring in a variety of courses to all students enrolled at Trinity. Because students learn in different ways and have varying needs, tutoring is done one-to-one, and in small groups. The one-to-one tutoring instruction is open to all students who have been recommended by their instructor, advisor, or individuals who have discovered they need assistance to be successful in their classes at Trinity.
Free tutoring is offered in various subjects, but we do not offer tutoring in speciality subjects. We offer content tutoring on a one-to-one basis designed to respond to individual learning needs quickly and flexibly. Tutors are undergraduate students who excel academically. They are trained and directed by full-time professional staff and attend training meetings to remain current in tutoring techniques. Tutors are available to help clarify assignments and to illustrate ways to correct problems.
Students who wish to meet with a tutor must make an appointment. However, each semester, there will be certain weeks dedicated to providing walk-in help.
1. Students interested in receiving tutoring should fill out a Tutoring Request Form.
Contact the Director of Academic Services if you need to discuss your situation.
2. You will be matched with a tutor based upon the class for which you need tutoring and the times you are available for tutoring.
3. You will receive a note to confirm that you have been matched with a tutor. (Contact will be done via your Trinity email address so be sure to keep your inbox clean and check your messages daily.)
4. The tutor will contact you to establish a time and location for your appointment.
5. Follow up – if a tutor does not contact you within three (3) days, send a reply to the Director so she may follow up.
Faculty may also refer students to receive tutoring and should encourage them to complete a request. Students may receive up to 3 one hour appointments per week. Students may receive additional tutoring at the discretion of the Director.
If during the course of an academic term there is a need to provide group tutoring for special classes, the Director will hire, train and supervise tutors who will be available to offer group tutoring in diverse subjects. Those tutoring sessions will be offered at a time and place that is convenient for all students involved.
Each semester, there will be certain weeks dedicated to providing walk-in help tutoring sessions to deal with the high demand for tutoring one week preceding midterm and final exams. In general, tutors will be available to assist students on a walk-in basis. Students are welcome to come to the library with their course materials and questions. Tutors will be on hand to cover a variety of subjects, answer questions, and provide tutorials on requested topics.
The content of each tutoring session is a private matter for Trinity students. Your tutor will not share the content of your session with anyone unless we have your written permission to share this information.
Your opinion counts. Please share your feedback about your tutoring experience by completing our survey. Click here to complete the Trinity Peer Tutoring Satisfaction Survey.