Spring 2014 Professional Development Series
- Tuesday, March 11, 11:30 am
Risk management and compliance matters often intersect with teaching and learning in the classroom. Please join your colleagues to discuss topics you are interested in or about which you have questions. Some hot topics often include students with a learning disability, students exhibiting troubling behavior, and faculty rights and obligations when a student shares a significant confidence. Bring your lunch, your questions and war stories that may enlighten the group!
Location: Main 462
Information Literacy Workshops
- Tuesday, March 18, 5:30 pm
Program chairs, full- and part-time faculty, and all academic personnel are invited to attend this session to learn more about developing our students’ information literacy.
- Define “information literacy”
- Explore Trinity’s research collections
- Understand our students’ information literacy competencies and research needs
- Assess practices for teaching information literacy in our curricula
- Develop pedagogies for increasing our students’ information literacy
Location: B4How Did I Get That Grade? Using Rubrics to Assess Student Writing
- Wednesday, March 19, 12:00 pm
Have you ever had a student challenge a grade on a paper or claim that your assessment of her writing was too “subjective”? This workshop will share strategies for using rubrics in order to ensure that your grading of student writing is consistent, clear, and tailored to the objectives of each assignment. We will also discuss how rubrics can supplement other kinds of writing feedback to help students get the most out of your feedback.
Location: Main 238Accessible Assessment: Creating and Using Assessment Instruments
Main 100 - Wednesday, March 19, 3:00 pm
Learn elements of good program assessment! View sample program assessment plans and discover new instruments for measuring student learning outcomes. We will emphasize the “work” in workshop – so bring your program review materials and we’ll work on them together!
- Monday, April 7, 3:00 pm
Meeting Location Main 242Risk Management & More
Rose Parlor - Wednesday, April 9, 11:30 am
Join our General Counsel for a brown bag luncheon to discuss current trends and emerging legal topics in education.Acccessible Assessment: Creating and Using Assessment Instruments
Main 100 - Wednesday, April 16, 4:46 pm
- Wed, Feb 26: Write Away: Good Writing Begins the First Day of Class
- Thu, Feb 20: Walking A Mile In Their Boots: Supporting Students With Diverse Needs
- Wed, Feb 19: Accessible Assessment: Creating and Using Assessment Instruments
- Mon, Feb 10: Guiding with Care: Recognizing Signs of Student Distress and Locating Help
- Mon, Feb 10: Promising Practice: Assessing Students with Moodle's Quiz Activity
- Mon, Feb 3: Guiding with Care: Recognizing Signs of Student Distress and Locating Help
- Wed, Jan 29: Academic Integrity at Trinity: Policies, Procedures, and Purpose
- Mon, Jan 27: Academic Integrity at Trinity: Policies, Procedures, and Purpose
- Sat, Jan 25: Academic Integrity at Trinity: Policies, Procedures, and Purpose
- Thu, Jan 23: Academic Integrity at Trinity: Policies, Procedures, and Purpose